Lynx down Dream in 2-OTSep 8, 2012 - 3:17 AM Minneapolis, MN (Sports Network) - Taj McWilliams-Franklin scored the go-ahead bucket then made a key block as the Minnesota Lynx downed the Atlanta Dream, 97-93, in double-overtime from the Target Center.
With the score tied at 93-all, McWilliams-Franklin put in a lonG jumper and then blocked an Angel McCoughtry jump shot at the other end before grabbing the rebound with 21.9 seconds to play.
Tiffany Hayes then stole the ball from Lindsay Whalen, but Sancho Lyttle had the ball stolen by Candice Wiggins, who hit both of her free throws with three seconds to play to cap the win.
Maya Moore had 23 points and 12 rebounds, while Rebekkah Brunson and McWilliams-Franklin each donated 15, with Brunson adding 18 rebounds for the Lynx, who won their 10th straight game.
McCoughtry had a game-high 30 points along with nine rebounds and Lindsey Harding gave 23 points and seven helpers for the Dream, who had their three- game winning streak come to an end.
- ATLANTA: 93
Final - 2OT
Sep 7 10:43 PM
- ATLANTA: 52
Sep 7 8:59 PM
- ATLANTA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Sep 7 8:09 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Atlanta cuts 41-year-old Milton-Jones, WNBA's oldest player May 12
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2