Whalen lifts Lynx over FeverSep 15, 2012 - 1:50 AM Indianapolis, IN (Sports Network) - Lindsay Whalen knocked down the game- winning jumper with just 1.5 seconds remaining to lift the Minnesota Lynx to a 66-64 win over the Indiana Fever on Friday.
Whalen finished with 14 points and Maya Moore added 15 points and pulled down seven rebounds for the Lynx, who improved to a WNBA-best 25-5 this season.
Briann January scored a game-high 16 points and Tamika Catching notched her eighth double-double of the season after scoring 14 points and grabbing 12 rebounds for the Fever, who had a three-game winning streak snapped.
January tied the game at 64-64 with a layup with just 23.5 seconds remaining, but Whalen dribbled the clock down to 1.5 seconds before nailing the game- winner.
- MINNESOTA: 66
Sep 14 8:57 PM
- MINNESOTA: 41
Sep 14 7:49 PM
- MINNESOTA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Sep 14 7:09 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22