Moore leads Lynx past FeverSep 18, 2012 - 2:55 AM Minneapolis, MN (Sports Network) - Maya Moore scored a game-high 29 points and grabbed seven rebounds to pace the Minnesota Lynx to an 86-79 win over the Indiana Fever on Monday.
Lindsay Whalen poured in 13 points with eight rebounds and six assists and Devereaux Peters donated 10 points and seven rebounds off the bench for the Lynx, who have posted a franchise-best 16-1 record at home this season.
Tamika Catchings led the Fever with 19 points and 10 rebounds and Katie Douglas added 17 points. Indiana dropped out of contention for the top seed in the Eastern Conference with the loss, but have locked up the second seed and home-court advantage through the first round of the playoffs.
Minnesota trailed by as many as 14 in the first half, but Moore knocked down five threes in the third stanza to help the Lynx tie the game at 65-65. Moore finished 6-of-8 from beyond the arc.
Turnovers doomed Indiana in the fourth quarter and Minnesota cruised to victory, outscoring the Fever 21-14 over the final 10 minutes.
- INDIANA: 79
Sep 17 9:58 PM
- INDIANA: 43
Sep 17 8:55 PM
- INDIANA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Sep 17 8:08 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22