Connecticut escapes Seattle with winSep 17, 2012 - 3:30 AM Seattle, WA (Sports Network) - Kara Lawson scored a game-high 13 points and Renee Montgomery made the go-ahead free throw in the final minute, as the Connecticut Sun edged the Seattle Storm, 60-58, on Sunday.
Tina Charles added 12 points, while Mistie Mims contributed a double-double with 11 points and 11 rebounds for the Eastern Conference-leading Sun, who have won three of their last four.
Shekinna Stricklen led Seattle with 12 points, but missed two shots in the final 2.7 seconds.
There were six lead changes in the fourth quarter, the last coming when Montgomery went 2-for-2 from the foul line with 14.4 seconds left to give the Sun a 59-58 edge.
Stricklen missed from 10 feet at the other end, and Mims made 1-of-2 free throws to keep it a one-possession game. Stricklen, though, was off the mark on a long three to seal Seattle's fourth straight loss.
- CONNECTICUT: 60
Sep 16 11:04 PM
- CONNECTICUT: 28
Sep 16 9:54 PM
- CONNECTICUT: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Sep 16 9:10 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15
- UConn forward Breanna Stewart selected No. 1 overall by Seattle Storm in WNBA draft Apr 14
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14