Dream eliminate Sky from postseason contentionSep 21, 2012 - 2:41 AM Rosemont, IL (Sports Network) - Angel McCoughtry scored 21 points on 8-of-17 shooting as the Atlanta Dream beat the Sky, 75-66, eliminating Chicago from postseason contention.
With the Sky's loss, the New York Liberty earned the final postseason spot in the Eastern Conference.
Sancho Lyttle also contributed 17 points and eight rebounds for the Dream, who have won seven of their last eight.
Carolyn Swords led four double-digit scorers with 16 points, but it wasn't enough for the Sky, who have lost four of six.
The Dream will wrap up their regular season at Connecticut on Sunday before beginning postseason play against second-seeded Indiana.
The Sky will host the Washington Mystics in their regular season finale on Saturday.
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- Atlanta cuts 41-year-old Milton-Jones, WNBA's oldest player May 12
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Dream re-sign Cierra Burdick and Ariel Massengale Mar 2
- Coaches: Racial remarks fuel New Mexico basketball spat Feb 26
- Coaches: Racial remarks fuel New Mexico basketball spat Feb 25