Storm cruises past Silver StarsSep 22, 2012 - 4:54 AM Seattle, WA (Sports Network) - Katie Smith had 16 points, six rebounds and six assists to lead the Seattle Storm to an 84-75 win over the San Antonio Silver Stars on Friday.
Ann Wauters chipped in with 14 points and 13 rebounds off the bench and Sue Bird had 12 points for the Storm, who have won two straight on the heels of a four-game skid.
Danielle Adams scored 16 points and 10 rebounds and Sophia Young had 12 points and 11 boards for the Silver Stars, who have dropped two of three.
The Storm outscored the Silver Stars 28-12 after going 5-for-6 from behind- the-arc in the second quarter to take a 48-29 lead into the break.
The Silver Stars pulled within 62-54 in the third, but couldn't stop the Storm in the fourth quarter and Seattle cruised to the easy win.
The Storm will face the Minnesota Lynx on Aug. 28 in the Western Conference Semi-Finals and the Silver Stars will take on the Los Angeles Sparks Aug. 27 in their playoff opener.
- SAN ANTONIO: 75
Sep 22 12:03 AM
- SAN ANTONIO: 29
Sep 21 10:51 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 17
End of 1st
Sep 21 10:28 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Sep 21 10:15 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA's Dan Hughes enters last season as San Antonio coach May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15
- UConn forward Breanna Stewart selected No. 1 overall by Seattle Storm in WNBA draft Apr 14
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14