Storm down Mercury in regular-season finaleSep 23, 2012 - 10:30 PM Seattle Storm past the Phoenix Mercury, 71-57, on Sunday.
Sue Bird added 13 points while Katie Smith and Shekinna Stricklen finished with 10 apiece for the Storm (16-18), who ended the regular season with three straight wins.
Seattle holds the final playoff spot in the Western Conference.
DeWanna Bonner netted 13 points to pace Phoenix (7-27), which dropped its final seven games.
Candice Dupree and Nakia Sanford each contributed 10 points in the loss.
The Mercury carried a 16-11 lead into the second quarter, but Seattle opened the frame with a 21-6 run and never looked back, holding at least a four-point lead for the remainder of the game.
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Diana Taurasi back in WNBA, shoots for 4th Olympic gold May 9
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15
- UConn forward Breanna Stewart selected No. 1 overall by Seattle Storm in WNBA draft Apr 14
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14