Harding, Dream upset Fever in Game 1Sep 29, 2012 - 1:50 AM Atlanta Dream were able to hold off a fourth quarter rally to steal home court away from Indiana, defeating the Fever, 75-66, in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Semifinals.
Trailing by as many as 16 in the fourth quarter, the Fever cut Atlanta's lead to three following two Katie Douglas free throws, but Harding drained a 3-pointer of the following possession to put the game out of reach.
Harding finished with 23 points on 8-of-14 shooting and also dished out seven assists in the victory. Angel McCoughtry and Sancho Lyttle also made solid contributions, each scoring double-digits. McCoughtry finished with 16 and Lyttle poured in 12, while both players pulled down nine rebounds apiece.
The Fever, who lost at home for just the fifth time this season, were playing catch-up the whole game. They trailed after every quarter as Katie Douglas struggled to get into a rhythm. She shot just 4-of-12 from the field, but led Indiana with 13 points.
Tamika Catchings scored 10 for Indiana but shot a miserable 2-for-11. Briann January, Erin Phillips and Erlana Larkins also contributed double-digit scoring efforts in the loss.
Atlanta will host Game 2 on Sunday looking to close out the series. With a victory, the Fever will send the series back to Indiana for Game 3.
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Atlanta cuts 41-year-old Milton-Jones, WNBA's oldest player May 12
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27