Whalen shines as Lynx weather Storm in Game 1Sep 29, 2012 - 3:41 AM Minnesota Lynx knocked off the Seattle Storm, 78-70, in Game 1 of the Western Conference semifinals at Target Center on Friday.
Seimone Augustus scored 19 points on 7-of-15 shooting and pulled down six rebounds, while Maya Moore poured in 16 points to go with seven rebounds and five assists for the top-seeded Lynx, who ended the regular season with a league-best 27-7 record. Rebekkah Brunson contributed a double-double with 12 points and 11 rebounds.
Shekinna Stricklen scored 13 points and ripped down seven boards, while Lauren Jackson and Katie Smith contributed 12 points apiece for the Storm, who grabbed the final playoff spot in the Western Conference with a 16-18 mark.
The defending champions shot 46.4 percent from the floor and led wire-to-wire -- by as many as 17 -- en route to the victory.
Seattle struggled all game, shooting just 39.7 percent from the floor and 7- of-24 from three-point range.
Game 2 of this best-of-three series is set for Sunday in Seattle.
- SEATTLE: 70
Sep 28 11:20 PM
- SEATTLE: 70
End of Regulation
Sep 28 11:19 PM
- SEATTLE: 27
Sep 28 9:57 PM
- SEATTLE: 15
End of 1st
Sep 28 9:27 PM
- SEATTLE: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Sep 28 9:09 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15