Fever even up series in AtlantaSep 30, 2012 - 10:48 PM Atlanta Dream, 103-88, in Game 2 to even their Eastern Conference semifinals series.
Briann January added 24 points and seven assists for the Fever, who bounced back from a 75-66 loss in Game 1 on Friday. Erlana Larkins and Shavonte Zellous tallied 16 and 14 points, respectively.
Angel McCoughtry had 22 points, six boards and five assists to pace the Dream, who have reached the last two WNBA finals. Lindsey Harding and Sancho Lyttle chipped in with 17 and 15 points, respectively.
Holding a 51-50 lead with 7:44 left in the third quarter, Indiana went on an 8-0 run. Erin Phillips capped the spurt with a layup and jumper to make it a nine-point contest.
Indiana went on a 10-2 flurry moments later to increase its margin. January tallied seven points during the run, which Zellous capped with a free throw to make it 71-56.
The Fever took a 78-65 lead into the fourth quarter and never looked back.
Game 3 will take place on Tuesday in Indiana.
- INDIANA: 103
Sep 30 6:19 PM
- INDIANA: 47
Sep 30 4:59 PM
- INDIANA: 22
End of 1st
Sep 30 4:27 PM
- INDIANA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Sep 30 4:07 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Atlanta cuts 41-year-old Milton-Jones, WNBA's oldest player May 12
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27