Sun down Fever in Game 1Oct 6, 2012 - 2:35 AM Connecticut Sun took a 76-64 victory over the Indiana Fever in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals.
Kara Lawson had 16 points, Tan White added 13 and Asjha Jones scored 11 points for the Sun, who are back in the Conference Finals for the first time since 2006 after sweeping New York in the semifinals.
Katie Douglas posted a game-high 27 points while Erlana Larkins added nine points and eight rebounds for the Fever, who defeated Atlanta in three games in the semifinals to reach the Conference Finals for the second straight year.
Indiana scored the first five points of the game and that helped them take a 22-14 lead into the second quarter, but the Sun played tight defense in the second and outscored the Fever, 16-8, to have the game knotted at 30 at the break.
The Sun used a 10-3 run in the third to take a lead they would never lose as the team took a 52-43 advantage into the fourth quarter.
Connecticut's lead ballooned to as much as 16 in the final quarter as the team took a 1-0 lead in the best-of-three set.
Game 2 will be played on Monday at Indiana.
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Fever sign Pohlen, Wheeler to training camp deals Feb 8