Liberty hand Dream first loss of seasonJun 9, 2013 - 9:38 PM Newark, NJ (Sports Network) - Plenette Pierson and Cappie Pondexter each scored 17 points to help the New York Liberty hand the Atlanta Dream their first loss of the season, 76-67, Sunday at Prudential Center.
Kara Braxton recorded 14 points and five rebounds, with Pondexter also contributing six boards and six assists for the Liberty, who have won all of their games at home this season.
Sancho Lyttle scored 18 points and grabbed 11 rebounds and Angel McCoughtry added 15 points, six rebounds, five assists and three steals for the Dream, who were 4-0 coming in.
After the Dream held a 33-32 lead at the break, New York broke away in the second half, outscoring the visitors 44-34, including limiting Atlanta to just 12 fourth-quarter points, to secure the victory.
Prior to the game, New York announced that veteran forward Essence Carson will miss the remainder of the season due to a torn anterior cruciate ligament in her left knee. The injury occurred in Friday's loss at Atlanta.
- ATLANTA: 67
NEW YORK: 76
Jun 9 5:04 PM
- ATLANTA: 33
NEW YORK: 32
Jun 9 3:58 PM
- ATLANTA: 0
NEW YORK: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jun 9 3:13 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Atlanta cuts 41-year-old Milton-Jones, WNBA's oldest player May 12
- NY Liberty acquire Wings' Amanda Zahui B for draft pick May 11
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22