McCoughtry powers Dream past StormJun 15, 2013 - 1:51 AM Atlanta, GA (Sports Network) - Angel McCoughtry had 23 points, nine rebounds, seven assists and five steals, and the Atlanta Dream defeated the Seattle Storm, 68-59, on Friday.
Jasmine Thomas scored 13 points and Alex Bentley added 11 off the bench for the Dream, who have won five of their first six games.
Tina Thompson had 11 points and seven rebounds. Temeka Johnson also scored 11 points, but also recorded six turnovers for the Storm, who shot 33.9 percent from the field.
Seattle was down 38-35 at halftime, but mustered just four points, all by Johnson, in the third quarter. The team shot 2-of-16 and committed four turnovers and was outscored 17-4 in the period.
The Storm scored a game-high 20 points, including four 3-pointers, in the fourth, but it was not enough to for them to come back.
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Atlanta cuts 41-year-old Milton-Jones, WNBA's oldest player May 12
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15