Fever use balanced attack to down struggling DreamAug 11, 2013 - 1:21 AM Indianapolis, IN (Sports Network) - Tamika Catchings led four Indiana players in double-figures with 21 points, seven rebounds and four steals as the Indiana Fever defeated the Atlanta Dream, 80-66, on Saturday.
Erin Phillips and Karima Christmas scored 15 points apiece while Briann January added 13 for the Fever, who have won three of their last four games.
Angel McCoughtry had 17 points and Erika de Souza scored 13 points for the Dream, who have lost six of seven since winning six straight.
At halftime, the Fever held a 46-37 lead. They led by as many as 12 points in the third, but McCoughtry's jumper with 3:10 to play in the quarter started a 10-0 run to bring the Dream within two.
January made a layup at the buzzer to give Indiana a 61-57 edge entering the fourth.
Atlanta was limited to just nine points on 3-for-14 shooting in the final period. The Dream's first score in the frame did not occur until Jasmine Thomas sank a six-footer with 6:21 remaining in regulation.
- ATLANTA: 66
Aug 10 9:03 PM
- ATLANTA: 37
Aug 10 7:56 PM
- ATLANTA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Aug 10 7:13 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Atlanta cuts 41-year-old Milton-Jones, WNBA's oldest player May 12
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27