Pondexter, Liberty down DreamAug 12, 2013 - 12:33 AM Atlanta, GA (Sports Network) - Cappie Pondexter tallied 33 points in the New York Liberty's 88-82 win over the Atlanta Dream.
Pondexter was 11-of-23 from the field and also registered six rebounds and seven assists for the Liberty, who have alternated wins and losses over their last seven contests.
Plenette Pierson had 16 points, 12 rebounds and six helpers in the triumph.
Angel McCoughtry netted 30 points to lead Atlanta, which suffered its first home loss of the season.
New York led 42-37 at the break, but a McCoughtry 3-pointer with 38.9 seconds to go in the fourth pulled the Dream within 83-80. Pondexter and McCoughtry exchanged free throws before Pondexter again stepped to the stripe with 13.3 left. She split the pair to put New York up 86-82 and McCoughtry missed a layup at the other end to seal the outcome.
- NEW YORK: 88
Aug 11 8:15 PM
- NEW YORK: 42
Aug 11 6:59 PM
- NEW YORK: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Aug 11 6:08 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Atlanta cuts 41-year-old Milton-Jones, WNBA's oldest player May 12
- NY Liberty acquire Wings' Amanda Zahui B for draft pick May 11
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22