Dream rallies to top West-leading LynxAug 21, 2013 - 1:32 AM Atlanta, GA (Sports Network) - Tiffany Hayes scored 23 points off the bench and helped lead a dominant fourth-quarter performance that lifted the Atlanta Dream to an 88-75 win over the Minnesota Lynx Tuesday at Philips Arena.
Atlanta trailed by a 70-64 count late in the third quarter before outscoring the Lynx by a 24-5 margin the rest of the way en route to their third straight victory.
Angel McCoughtry added 19 points and Erika de Souza amassed 16 points and a game-high 16 rebounds for the Dream. Arminite Harrington contributed 14 points to the triumph, six of which came in the final frame.
Maya Moore finished with 23 points in the loss, Minnesota's fourth in its last five contests following a 10-game win streak. Rebekkah Brunson tallied 16 points and 14 boards for the current Western Conference leaders, who hit on just 2-of-14 field goal attempts over the final 10 minutes.
The Lynx trailed 52-41 at the half before putting together a 29-12 run, with Seimone Augustus making 1-of-2 free throws after Moore buried a 3-pointer to put Minnesota up 70-64 with under two minutes left in the third.
Atlanta countered with a 22-1 spurt, however, to take a commanding 86-71 lead with under three minutes left.
- MINNESOTA: 75
Aug 20 9:12 PM
- MINNESOTA: 41
Aug 20 7:59 PM
- MINNESOTA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Aug 20 7:09 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Atlanta cuts 41-year-old Milton-Jones, WNBA's oldest player May 12
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2