Delle Donne drops 25 as Chicago downs AtlantaAug 25, 2013 - 1:22 AM Atlanta, GA (Sports Network) - Elena Delle Donne continued her terrific rookie season with 25 points and eight rebounds as the Chicago Sky remained on top of the Eastern Conference standings with a 67-56 win over the Atlanta Dream.
Swin Cash filled the stat sheet in the winning effort, contributing 12 points, seven boards, four assists, four steals and three blocks. Sylvia Fowles corralled 13 rebounds while Courtney Vandersloot dished out 10 assists.
Angel McCoughtry finished with 20 points but needed 26 shots and turned the ball over seven times. Erika de Souza registered her 12th double-double of the season and third straight with 12 points and 16 boards.
Delle Donne helped Chicago to a 35-26 halftime advantage with 17 points on 6- of-8 shooting from the floor, while knocking down all four of her free throw attempts. McCoughtry had 16 of the Dream's 26 points, including half of their 10 field goals.
Atlanta fought back to within two at 43-41 late in the third quarter on a Aneika Henry layup, but Chicago scored the next eight points to maintain control of the game.
- CHICAGO: 67
Aug 24 9:06 PM
- CHICAGO: 35
Aug 24 7:51 PM
- CHICAGO: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Aug 24 7:04 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- Atlanta cuts 41-year-old Milton-Jones, WNBA's oldest player May 12
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Dream re-sign Cierra Burdick and Ariel Massengale Mar 2
- Coaches: Racial remarks fuel New Mexico basketball spat Feb 26
- Coaches: Racial remarks fuel New Mexico basketball spat Feb 25