Sky clinch top seed in EastSep 1, 2013 - 2:42 AM Rosemont, IL (Sports Network) - Sylvia Fowles dropped in 18 points, hauled in six boards and recorded four steals as the Chicago Sky clinched the top playoff spot in the Eastern Conference with an 85-68 thumping of the Atlanta Dream.
The Sky grabbed their sixth consecutive win after outscoring Atlanta by a 45-19 count in the second half. Elena Delle Donne added 15 points and seven boards and Tamera Young contributed 12 points to the victory.
Alex Bentley scored 19 for Atlanta, which has dropped four straight. Erika de Souza tallied 10 points and nine boards in the most recent setback.
The Sky took control in the third quarter, accounting for 30 of the 41 total points scored in the period. Epiphanny Prince scored all nine of her points during the frame for Chicago.
Atlanta saw its one-point halftime deficit increase to 20 by the start of the fourth quarter. It never came closer than 17 in the final frame.
- ATLANTA: 68
Aug 31 10:05 PM
- ATLANTA: 39
Aug 31 9:04 PM
- ATLANTA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Aug 31 8:09 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- Atlanta cuts 41-year-old Milton-Jones, WNBA's oldest player May 12
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Dream re-sign Cierra Burdick and Ariel Massengale Mar 2
- Coaches: Racial remarks fuel New Mexico basketball spat Feb 26
- Coaches: Racial remarks fuel New Mexico basketball spat Feb 25