McCoughtry guides Dream over LibertySep 7, 2013 - 1:52 AM Newark, NJ (Sports Network) - Angel McCoughtry had 16 points and seven rebounds to lead the Atlanta Dream in a 70-57 win over the New York Liberty on Friday.
Erika de Souza had 12 points and 14 rebounds, while Tiffany Hayes had 12 points and Alex Bentley added 11 points for the Dream, who have won three straight.
Kara Braxton posted 17 points and Plenette Pierson gave 14 points and eight rebounds for the Liberty, who have dropped their past four games and trail Indiana by three games for the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference with just three games to play.
Holding a 43-36 lead at the break, the Dream opened the game up with a 17- point third quarter, while limiting the Liberty to just eight points in the frame.
New York never got closer than 11 points back in the final frame.
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Atlanta cuts 41-year-old Milton-Jones, WNBA's oldest player May 12
- NY Liberty acquire Wings' Amanda Zahui B for draft pick May 11
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22