Storm surge past Sky to end skidJul 3, 2013 - 3:26 AM Seattle Storm overcame a slow start to record a 69-60 victory over the Chicago Sky at Allstate Arena.
Camille Little also finished with 16 points and Shekinna Stricklen contributed 14 off the bench for Seattle, which trailed by a 21-7 score through one quarter after going 3-for-18 from the field for the period. Tina Thompson added 10 points and 11 rebounds to help the Storm halt a three-game losing streak.
Elena Delle Donne compiled 12 points and 12 rebounds for Chicago, but the rookie made just 3-of-13 field goal attempts and the Sky shot 29.9 percent overall as a team to have a string of three straight wins end.
Epiphanny Prince also netted 12 points in the loss, with Swin Cash pulling down 14 rebounds.
Seattle was down by as many as 15 in the first half, but outscored the Sky by a 19-4 margin over the final 5 1/2 minutes of the second quarter to forge ahead. Tanisha Wright's three-point play with 26.2 seconds left before the break gave the Storm a 32-31 edge, and Stricklen followed with a layup for a three-point lead at intermission.
Chicago claimed a 42-41 advantage on two Prince free throws with 5:14 remaining in the third quarter, but Stricklen buried a 3-pointer on the ensuing possession to ignite a 13-3 spurt that put the Storm ahead 54-45 entering the final frame.
Seattle then scored nine of the first 11 points of the fourth quarter to move in front comfortably.
- SEATTLE: 69
Jul 2 10:07 PM
- SEATTLE: 34
Jul 2 8:55 PM
- SEATTLE: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jul 2 8:12 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15
- UConn forward Breanna Stewart selected No. 1 overall by Seattle Storm in WNBA draft Apr 14
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Former Seattle star Lauren Jackson announces retirement Mar 31