Catchings leads Fever past SkyAug 4, 2013 - 2:45 AM Indianapolis, IN (Sports Network) - Tamika Catchings had 17 points and 10 rebounds in the Indiana Fever's 79-58 rout of the Chicago Sky.
Karima Christmas netted 12 points, while Catchings added five steals and four blocked shots for the Fever, who are 8-3 since beginning the season 1-7.
Courtney Vandersloot had 11 points to lead Chicago, which had won six of its previous seven contests coming in.
The Sky's leading-scorer Elena Delle Donne missed her second consecutive game due to a concussion.
Indiana led 40-32 at the break and began the second half on a 7-0 spurt to build a 15-point cushion.
The Sky, who shot just 32.8 percent (20-of-61) from the field, were unable to generate enough offense without their star rookie.
- CHICAGO: 58
Aug 3 9:08 PM
- CHICAGO: 32
Aug 3 8:05 PM
- CHICAGO: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Aug 3 7:23 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Fever sign Pohlen, Wheeler to training camp deals Feb 8
- WNBA star Tamika Catchings interns at NBA offices Feb 6
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign WNBA finals MVP Sylvia Fowles Feb 2