Sun rally in fourth quarter to top FeverAug 2, 2013 - 1:30 AM Uncasville, CT (Sports Network) - Tina Charles registered a double-double with 22 points -- including 10 in the fourth quarter -- and 12 rebounds, as the Connecticut Sun managed to defeat the Indiana Fever, 70-64.
Allison Hightower and Mistie Bass scored 12 points apiece for the Sun, who snapped a three-game losing streak.
Shavonte Zellous scored 20 points while Jessica Breland added 17 for the Fever, who came into the game having won seven of their last nine games.
Down 52-36 late in the third quarter, the Sun ran off 15 straight points bridging the end of the period into the fourth. A layup from Charles had the Sun within 52-51 with 7:05 remaining.
It stayed tight from that point on. Bass made a layup with 50.6 seconds remaining in regulation to give Connecticut a 63-62 edge.
The Fever failed to make a basket in the last three minutes of the contest. Breland made two free throws with 20.7 seconds to play.
Hightower, Kelly Faris and Tan White combined to sink seven free throws in the final 38 seconds for Connecticut.
- INDIANA: 64
Aug 1 9:02 PM
- INDIANA: 34
Aug 1 7:55 PM
- INDIANA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Aug 1 7:09 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Fever sign Pohlen, Wheeler to training camp deals Feb 8