Fever clinch playoff berth with win over SunSep 8, 2013 - 1:26 AM Indianapolis, IN (Sports Network) - Tamika Catchings scored 15 points as the Indiana Fever clinched their ninth straight playoff berth in a 69-60 win against the Connecticut Sun.
Erlana Larkins and Jessica Breland both added twelve points for the Fever as they picked up their second consecutive win.
Kelsey Griffin led Connecticut with 14 points and seven rebounds, while center Mistie Bass pulled down 11 rebounds for the Sun, who have now lost eight of their last nine.
The Fever led at the half 31-28, but Renee Montgomrey tied the game at 44-44 with less than a minute left in the third. Indiana regained a comfortable lead of 10 points with five minutes to go in the fourth and did not look back.
- CONNECTICUT: 60
Sep 7 9:02 PM
- CONNECTICUT: 28
Sep 7 7:56 PM
- CONNECTICUT: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Sep 7 7:26 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Fever sign Pohlen, Wheeler to training camp deals Feb 8