Catchings helps Fever fend off StormJul 1, 2013 - 12:28 AM Indianapolis, IN (Sports Network) - Tamika Catchings poured in a game-high 18 points and grabbed six rebounds to help the Indiana Fever down the Seattle Storm, 71-63, Sunday at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
Shavonte Zellous followed with 14 points and Jessica Breland supplied a 10- point, 10-rebound effort for her first career double-double, as the Fever notched their second straight victory after dropping their first seven games of the season.
Shekinna Stricklen paced the Storm with 11 points off the bench and Camille Little chipped in 10 points and eight boards in the setback, Seattle's third in a row.
The teams entered the fourth locked at 50-50, but the Fever netted 10 of the first 12 points in the frame to grab an eight-point cushion.
Seattle cut the lead to four with 2:04 remaining before Indiana scored six straight points to put the game out of reach.
- SEATTLE: 63
Jun 30 8:11 PM
- SEATTLE: 30
Jun 30 7:05 PM
- SEATTLE: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jun 30 6:10 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15
- UConn forward Breanna Stewart selected No. 1 overall by Seattle Storm in WNBA draft Apr 14