Lynx hold off FeverJul 11, 2013 - 6:15 PM Indianapolis, IN (Sports Network) - Lindsay Whalen scored 23 points and the Minnesota Lynx defeated the Indiana Fever, 69-62, on Thursday.
Monica Wright recorded 22 points and nine rebounds for the Lynx, who have won three straight and five of their last six games.
Shavonte Zellous had a team-high 14 points while Tamika Catchings nearly had a double-double with nine points, 10 rebounds and five steals for the Fever, who came into the game on a three-game winning streak.
Minnesota had a 38-30 lead at halftime, but Indiana scored 19 points in the third period and were within three entering the fourth.
The Fever cut the deficit to two, 55-53, with 6:27 remaining in regulation. However, they missed 11 of their 12 final shots of the game, allowing the Lynx to pull away.
- MINNESOTA: 69
Jul 11 2:02 PM
- MINNESOTA: 38
Jul 11 12:55 PM
- MINNESOTA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jul 11 12:10 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22