Thompson leads Storm over FeverAug 18, 2013 - 4:46 AM Seattle, WA (Sports Network) - Tina Thompson posted 23 points and seven rebounds as the Seattle Storm took a 77-70 decision over the Indiana Fever on Saturday.
Tanisha Wright scored 16 points with eight assists, while Shekinna Stricklen gave 15 points and five boards for the Storm, who have alternated wins and losses over all seven of their games in August.
Tamika Catchings had 21 points and six rebounds and Briann January gave 17 points for the Fever, who have lost their past three.
Seattle had a big first quarter, while Indiana countered with a big second quarter to cut its deficit to 40-39.
The Storm took a 59-57 lead into the fourth quarter and it was a three-point game after January hit a 3-pointer with 1:09 to play, but Wright and Thompson each hit a pair of free throws down the stretch to put the game away.
- INDIANA: 70
Aug 18 12:13 AM
- INDIANA: 40
Aug 17 11:04 PM
- INDIANA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Aug 17 10:10 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15
- UConn forward Breanna Stewart selected No. 1 overall by Seattle Storm in WNBA draft Apr 14