Fever downs Silver Stars to end skidAug 22, 2013 - 1:23 AM Indianapolis, IN (Sports Network) - Shavonte Zellous scored 20 points and Tamika Catchings had 19 to lead the Indiana Fever to an 80-63 win over the San Antonio Silver Stars Wednesday at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
The defending WNBA champion Fever led from the late first quarter on en route to snapping a three-game losing streak.
Danielle Adams compiled 17 points and a game-high nine rebounds for San Antonio, but the Silver Stars turned the ball over 21 times and failed to build off of Saturday's 88-82 victory over Phoenix. Jia Perkins netted 12 points in a losing cause.
San Antonio held a slim 11-10 edge with under four minutes left in the opening quarter, but the Fever went on a 9-0 run capped by a Jessica Breland 3- pointer to build an eight-point lead late in the period.
The margin reached double digits after Catchings drained two foul shots with 3:21 remaining in the half for a 31-20 Indiana advantage, and the Fever went into the break up 41-25 after Jeanette Pohlen buried a trey at the buzzer.
San Antonio got to within seven points after a Perkins jumper made the score 62-55 with 7:50 to go. However, Indiana countered with a 15-4 spurt to pull away.
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA's Dan Hughes enters last season as San Antonio coach May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Fever sign Pohlen, Wheeler to training camp deals Feb 8
- WNBA star Tamika Catchings interns at NBA offices Feb 6