Catchings' double-double vaults Fever past LibertyAug 31, 2013 - 2:06 AM Newark, NJ (Sports Network) - Tamika Catchings scored 22 points and grabbed 10 rebounds to lead the Indiana Fever to a 73-67 victory over the New York Liberty on Friday at the Prudential Center.
Shavonte Zellous poured in 21 points and Erlana Larkins added nine points and eight boards for the Fever, who had lost four of their last five games coming into the contest.
With the win, Indiana pulled one-half game behind Washington for third place in the Eastern Conference and increased its lead over fifth-place New York to 2 1/2 games for the conference's final playoff position.
Kelsey Bone netted 13 points off the bench and Plenette Pierson chipped in 10 points for the Liberty, who have lost five of their last six games.
The Liberty held a slim 54-52 cushion heading into the fourth, but Catchings and Larkins combined on a 10-0 quarter-opening surge to put the Fever in front.
New York sliced the margin to 68-67 on Katie Smith's jumper with 2:32 remaining, but the Liberty went the rest of the contest without a point, allowing the Fever to run away with the victory.
- INDIANA: 73
NEW YORK: 67
Aug 30 9:38 PM
- INDIANA: 38
NEW YORK: 33
Aug 30 8:30 PM
- INDIANA: 0
NEW YORK: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Aug 30 7:40 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- NY Liberty acquire Wings' Amanda Zahui B for draft pick May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22