Lynx blow through StormAug 5, 2013 - 1:14 AM Minneapolis, MN (Sports Network) - Lindsay Whalen totaled 22 points and seven assists alongside a double-double from Rebekkah Brunson as the Minnesota Lynx cruised to their ninth straight win in a 90-72 thrashing of the Seattle Storm.
Whalen connected on 11-of-20 from the field, while the Lynx shot 51 percent as a team overall. Brunson tallied 12 points and 11 rebounds, Seimone Augustus scored 18 and Maya Moore added 16 points to the victory.
The Storm received a game-high 24 points from Shekinna Stricklen, but had a brief two-game winning streak stopped.
Minnesota ran out to a 24-10 lead after the first quarter and led by as many as 19 points in the first half, with its lead peaking at 74-43 late in the third quarter.
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15