Moore leads Lynx in rout of LibertyAug 19, 2013 - 1:07 AM Minneapolis, MN (Sports Network) - Maya Moore made six 3-pointers en route to a game-high 28 points, as the Minnesota Lynx pummeled the New York Liberty, 88-57, on Sunday at Target Center.
Janel McCarville and Seimone Augustus each added 12 points to help the Lynx snap a three-game losing streak.
Katie Smith and Alex Montgomery netted 11 points apiece to pace the Liberty, who have dropped their last four meetings with Minnesota by a combined 99 points.
Minnesota led 29-16 at the end of the first, but New York got within four late in the second before the Lynx closed the quarter on a 10-5 swing to take a 43-34 cushion into the break.
The Lynx opened the third on a 16-5 surge to push the margin to 20 and led by double digits for the remainder of the contest.
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- NY Liberty acquire Wings' Amanda Zahui B for draft pick May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27