Liberty edge StormJun 29, 2013 - 4:27 AM Seattle, WA (Sports Network) - Cappie Pondexter scored 23 points with six rebounds to help the New York Liberty take a 67-62 win over the Seattle Storm on Friday.
Leilani Mitchell had 10 points while Kara Braxton posted eight points and 14 rebounds for the Liberty, who snapped a two-game slide.
Temeka Johnson had 22 points, Camille Little gave 12 points and five rebounds, while Tanisha Wright added 10 points and five boards for the Storm, who have lost their past two games.
It was a two-point lead for the Liberty until Pondexter hit a jumper with 50.7 seconds to play and Mitchell followed a Shekinna Stricklen miss with a pair of free throws for a six-point advantage with 34.7 left to seal the win.
- NEW YORK: 67
Jun 29 12:01 AM
- NEW YORK: 30
Jun 28 10:56 PM
- NEW YORK: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jun 28 10:17 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- NY Liberty acquire Wings' Amanda Zahui B for draft pick May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15