Pierson leads New York past SeattleJul 10, 2013 - 1:33 AM Newark, NJ (Sports Network) - Plenette Pierson had 22 points to lead the New York Liberty to a 66-57 win against the Seattle Storm.
Pierson knocked down eight of her 15 shots and had 14 of her points in the second half.
Cappie Pondexter put up 14 points and eight rebounds for the Liberty, who snapped a three-game losing streak.
Tina Thompson led Seattle with 13 points as the Storm lost for the fifth time in six games.
New York outscored Seattle 24-7 in the first quarter and led by as many as 19. The Storm cut the Liberty's lead to one late in the third quarter, but New York responded to hold its lead.
- SEATTLE: 57
NEW YORK: 66
Jul 9 9:04 PM
- SEATTLE: 19
NEW YORK: 36
Jul 9 7:56 PM
- SEATTLE: 0
NEW YORK: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jul 9 7:16 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- NY Liberty acquire Wings' Amanda Zahui B for draft pick May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15