Griner run leads Mercury to winJun 26, 2013 - 2:20 AM Phoenix Mercury rallied to beat the San Antonio Silver Stars, 83-77.
Griner, who also had grabbed seven rebounds and blocked five shots, scored 14 points in the fourth quarter to help Phoenix overcome a three-point deficit entering the final period.
Diana Taurasi stuffed the stat sheet with 18 points, nine rebounds, and eight assists to help the Mercury win for the fifth time in its last six games and improve to 5-4 on the season.
Danielle Robinson finished with 15 points and 10 boards for San Antonio. Shameka Christon and Danielle Adams each also added 15 points for the Silver Stars, which lost for the fifth time in six games and fell to 3-6 this season.
Phoenix battled back to tie the game at 60 with 7:30 left in the fourth quarter before Griner exploded. The rookie scored 14 of the team's last 23 points, making all five of her field goals and four of her free throws, en route to the win.
- PHOENIX: 83
SAN ANTONIO: 77
Jun 25 10:02 PM
- PHOENIX: 43
SAN ANTONIO: 33
Jun 25 8:50 PM
- PHOENIX: 0
SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jun 25 8:11 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA's Dan Hughes enters last season as San Antonio coach May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Diana Taurasi back in WNBA, shoots for 4th Olympic gold May 9
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- WNBA hires Jay Parry as chief operating officer Apr 11
- Phoenix Mercury bring back Penny Taylor Feb 8
- WNBA star Tamika Catchings interns at NBA offices Feb 6