Adams sends Silver Stars past MercuryJul 10, 2013 - 11:49 PM Phoenix, AZ (Sports Network) - Danielle Adams totaled 12 of her 19 points in the second half, as San Antonio survived its first test without Becky Hammon, topping Phoenix by an 88-80 count on Wednesday.
Hammon was diagnosed with a season-ending ACL tear on Monday.
DeLisha Milton-Jones added 16 points, while Shenise Johnson, Jayne Appel and Danielle Robinson each had 13 for the Silver Stars, who snapped a three-game losing streak.
Candice Dupree scored 22 points and Diane Taurasi had 20 before fouling out late in regulation for the Mercury, who have lost two straight after winning five in a row.
Brittney Griner was out of action for the hosts, thanks to a sprained left knee.
- SAN ANTONIO: 88
Jul 10 5:35 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 41
Jul 10 4:26 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jul 10 3:39 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA's Dan Hughes enters last season as San Antonio coach May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Diana Taurasi back in WNBA, shoots for 4th Olympic gold May 9
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- WNBA hires Jay Parry as chief operating officer Apr 11
- Phoenix Mercury bring back Penny Taylor Feb 8
- WNBA star Tamika Catchings interns at NBA offices Feb 6