Thompson helps Storm take down MercuryAug 2, 2013 - 4:19 AM Seattle, WA (Sports Network) - Tina Thompson posted 16 points and seven rebounds to help the Seattle Storm to an 88-79 win over the Phoenix Mercury on Thursday.
Temeka Johnson added 16 points and seven assists, while Tanisha Wright gave 14 points and seven assists for the Storm, who have won their past two.
DeWanna Bonner had 19 points, nine rebounds and seven assists while Candice Dupree tallied 16 points and 10 rebounds for the Mercury, who have lost three straight and six of seven.
Trailing by three points to start the third quarter, the Storm surged ahead in the frame by outscoring the Mercury by 12 points.
- PHOENIX: 79
Aug 2 12:01 AM
- PHOENIX: 44
Aug 1 10:55 PM
- PHOENIX: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Aug 1 10:12 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Diana Taurasi back in WNBA, shoots for 4th Olympic gold May 9
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15
- UConn forward Breanna Stewart selected No. 1 overall by Seattle Storm in WNBA draft Apr 14
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14