Thompson leads Storm past Silver StarsAug 12, 2013 - 3:23 AM Seattle, WA (Sports Network) - Tina Thompson had 17 points and 11 rebounds in the Seattle Storm's 69-63 win over the San Antonio Silver Stars.
Tanisha Wright tallied 16 points and seven boards, while Camille Little added 11 points and 10 rebounds for the Storm, who have alternated wins and losses over their last six games.
Jia Perkins netted 19 points for San Antonio, which is 3-3 on the heels of a 1-7 stretch.
Five straight points by Jayne Appel pulled the Silver Stars within 66-63 with 13.8 seconds remaining, but two Wright free throws at the other end sealed the outcome.
The Storm led 20-17 after a quarter of play and a 15-5 run to begin the second staked them to a 35-22 advantage. Seattle took a 41-26 margin into the break.
- SAN ANTONIO: 63
Aug 11 11:01 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 26
Aug 11 9:50 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Aug 11 9:12 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA's Dan Hughes enters last season as San Antonio coach May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15
- UConn forward Breanna Stewart selected No. 1 overall by Seattle Storm in WNBA draft Apr 14
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14