Silver Stars subdue StormAug 25, 2013 - 10:52 PM San Antonio, TX (Sports Network) - Shenise Johnson had 17 points and 10 rebounds and the San Antonio Silver Stars defeated the Seattle Storm, 70-64, on Sunday.
Danielle Adams and Jia Perkins scored 14 points apiece while Davellyn Whyte added 13 for the Silver Stars, who led wire-to-wire.
Noelle Quinn scored 14 points off the bench while Tina Thompson and Camille Little had 11 points apiece for the Storm, who had a three-game winning streak snapped.
At halftime, San Antonio led 34-24. Quinn scored 10 of her points in the second half and Seattle got within four late in the third period. However, that would be as close as the Storm would get for the remainder of the game.
- SEATTLE: 64
SAN ANTONIO: 70
Aug 25 6:32 PM
- SEATTLE: 24
SAN ANTONIO: 34
Aug 25 5:26 PM
- SEATTLE: 0
SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Aug 25 4:42 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA's Dan Hughes enters last season as San Antonio coach May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15
- UConn forward Breanna Stewart selected No. 1 overall by Seattle Storm in WNBA draft Apr 14
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14