Augustus helps Lynx sweep StormSep 23, 2013 - 1:29 AM Tacoma, WA (Sports Network) - Seimone Augustus hit a go-ahead jumper with 21.1 seconds left to lift the Minnesota Lynx to a 58-55 win over the Seattle Storm and a sweep of the best-of-three Western Conference semifinals.
Maya Moore netted 22 points and Rebekkah Brunson added 15 points and 13 rebounds for the Lynx, who won the WNBA title in 2011 and fell to the Indiana Fever in last year's finals.
Minnesota will face the winner of the Los Angeles Sparks/Phoenix Mercury series in the Western Conference finals.
Tina Thompson, who had 13 points and nine rebounds in the final game of her 17-year career, gave Seattle its first lead since late in the second quarter with a layup to make it 55-54 with 1:20 on the clock.
Augustus, though, responded with a jumper from the right side and Brunson knocked down a pair of free throws for the final margin.
Moore poured in 12 points as the teams were deadlocked at 28-28 heading into the break. The Lynx took a 42-39 advantage after three.
- MINNESOTA: 58
Sep 22 7:05 PM
- MINNESOTA: 28
Sep 22 5:55 PM
- MINNESOTA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Sep 22 5:10 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15