McCoughtry, Dream reach WNBA FinalsSep 29, 2013 - 11:19 PM Indianapolis, IN (Sports Network) - Angel McCoughtry scored 27 points and the Atlanta Dream advanced to the WNBA Finals with a 67-53 victory over the Indiana Fever on Sunday.
Erika de Souza added 12 points and eight rebounds for the Dream, who swept the best-of-three Eastern Conference finals. They will play in the WNBA Finals for the third time in the last four years.
Atlanta will be on the road for Game 1 of the WNBA Finals against Minnesota next Sunday night. The Lynx wrapped up the Western Conference finals in a sweep of the Phoenix Mercury.
Tamika Catchings had 24 points and six rebounds for the Fever, who beat Minnesota to capture the title last year.
Atlanta, which led 34-33 at the break, outscored Indiana by a 16-9 margin in the third quarter. The Dream took a 50-42 lead into the fourth.
- ATLANTA: 67
Sep 29 5:13 PM
- ATLANTA: 34
Sep 29 3:58 PM
- ATLANTA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Sep 29 3:05 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Atlanta cuts 41-year-old Milton-Jones, WNBA's oldest player May 12
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27