Castro Marques, big fourth quarter lifts Storm over CometsMay 20, 2007 - 4:23 AM SEATTLE (Ticker) -- Izaine Castro Marques scored 25 points to lead the Seattle Storm to a 82-69 come-from-behind victory over the Houston Comets.
The Storm went on a 30-6 run during the third quarter and into the fourth. Betty Lennox scored 13 of her 15 points on that run.
Castro Marques shot 8-of-13 from the floor and Loren Jackson scored 23 points, grabbed 10 rebounds and blocked three shots for Seattle, which snapped a five-game losing streak to Houston.
Sue Bird added 11 points for the Storm, who shot 45 percent (28-of-62).
Ashley Shields led the Comets with 19 points.
Michelle Snow had 16 points and six rebounds and Sheryl Swoopes added 15 and six for Houston, which shot 43 percent (26-of-61) from the field and were outscored, 28-7, in the fourth quarter.
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15
- UConn forward Breanna Stewart selected No. 1 overall by Seattle Storm in WNBA draft Apr 14
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Former Seattle star Lauren Jackson announces retirement Mar 31
- Sue Bird signs multiyear deal with Seattle Storm Feb 16
- Seattle Storm re-sign Clark and O'Hea for 2016 season Feb 2