Buescher leads Silver Stars over ShockJul 2, 2007 - 12:41 AM AUBURN HILLS, Michigan (Ticker) -- Erin Buescher had season highs of 23 points and 16 rebounds to lift the San Antonio Silver Stars to a 71-68 victory over the Detroit Shock.
Vickie Johnson, who scored 12 points, broke a 66-66 tie with a 3-pointer to give the Silver Stars the lead with 1:15 remaining.
The Shock had a chance to tie the game but the Silver Stars retained their 69-68 advantage when Katie Smith missed the second free throw attempt with five ticks left.
Sophia Young scored 11 points and grabbed eight points and Helen Darling added 10 points for San Antonio, which snapped a two-game skid.
Deanna Nolan had 24 points and Cheryl Ford added nine and 12 rebounds after sitting out the last four games for Detroit, which has lost three of its last four contests.
SAN ANTONIO 71
DETROIT 68 FINAL
Jul 1 8:21 PM
SAN ANTONIO 44
DETROIT 51 HALFTIME
Jul 1 7:40 PM
SAN ANTONIO 16
DETROIT 18 END, 1ST QTR
Jul 1 6:28 PM
- WNBA's Dan Hughes enters last season as San Antonio coach May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- WNBA star Tamika Catchings interns at NBA offices Feb 6
- Dearica Hamby scores 15 points, Stars beat Storm 59-58 Sep 13
- Stars-Storm Preview Sep 12
- Odyssey Sims scores 27, Shock clinch West's third seed Sep 8
- Stars-Shock Preview Sep 7
- A week to go and the Eastern Conference is still tight Sep 7
- Brittney Griner scores 22 points, Mercury beat Stars 82-52 Sep 5
- Mercury-Stars Preview Sep 5