Thompson leads Comets past LynxJul 9, 2007 - 12:36 AM MINNEAPOLIS (Ticker) -- Tina Thompson scored 23 points to lead the Houston Comets to a 79-67 victory over the Minnesota Lynx on Sunday.
Tamecka Dixon came off the bench to tally 12 points and Michelle Snow added 11 in the victory.
Hamchetou Maiga-Ba scored nine points and Latasha Byears had eight for the Comets, who shot 47 percent from the field and went 3-for-3 from the arc.
Seimone Augustus led the Lynx with 22 points and Lindsey Harding added 16. Kristen Mann contributed 14 points for Minnesota, which dropped its fourth consecutive game.
With the win, the Comets (5-13) moved out of the Western Conference basement, a position that now belongs to Minnesota (5-14).
FINAL 1ST 2ND 3RD 4TH TOTAL
--- --- --- --- -----
HOUSTON 15 30 18 16 79
MINNESOTA 16 21 16 14 67 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: HOU - TINA THOMPSON 23, TAMECKA DIXON 12,
MICHELLE SNOW 11
MIN - SEIMONE AUGUSTUS 22, LINDSEY HARDING 16,
KRISTEN MANN 14
Jul 8 8:01 PM
MINNESOTA 53 END, 3RD QTR
Jul 8 7:34 PM
MINNESOTA 37 HALFTIME
Jul 8 6:54 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22
- Lynx sign Czech guard Katerina Elhotova Feb 25
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign WNBA finals MVP Sylvia Fowles Feb 2
- WNBA free agency begins, Liberty signs Indiana guard Zellous Feb 1