Sun overcome Jackson, StormJul 11, 2007 - 10:35 PM SEATTLE (Ticker) -- Katie Douglas scored 17 points to lead the Connecticut Sun to a 76-63 victory over the Seattle Storm on Wednesday.
Douglas was 6-of-12 from the field and added five rebounds and four assists for the Sun, who shot 43 percent (31-of-73) as a team.
Nykesha Sales scored 15 points and Evanthia Maltsi added 11 off the bench for Connecticut (8-11).
Lauren Jackson hit 12-of-24 shots and scored 24 points for Seattle, which trailed by as many as 17.
Betty Lennox scored 14 points and Iziane Castro Marque added 13 for Seattle (11-9), which played without starting point guard Sue Bird as she is recovering from knee surgery.
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15
- UConn forward Breanna Stewart selected No. 1 overall by Seattle Storm in WNBA draft Apr 14
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14