Douglas, Whalen lead Sun past LynxJul 18, 2007 - 2:21 AM UNCASVILLE, Connecticut (Ticker) -- All-Star Katie Douglas scored 22 points as the Connecticut Sun posted an 84-79 victory over the Minnesota Lynx on Tuesday.
Lindsay Whalen scored 20 points and handed out four assists and All-Star Asjha Jones added eight points and two blocks for Connecticut (10-11), which has won four straight.
The Sun have also won five of six vs. the Lynx to tie the all-time series at 8-8.
Minnesota has lost seven straight games to tie a season high - it started the season 0-7.
With the score tied at 66-66 following a layup by Minnesota All-Star Seimone Augustus with 5:48 remaining, Connecticut went on a 14-4 run to put the game away. Douglas hit a 3-pointer to begin the spurt and Whalen's free throw with 2:44 left made it 80-70.
Douglas connected on 8-of-16 from the floor and Whalen made 7-of-9 from the field for the Sun, who shot 43 percent (21-of-73).
Augustus scored 24 points and Svetlana Abrosimova added 17 points and five assists for the Lynx (5-17), who shot 41 percent (30-of-73) and have the worst record in the WNBA.
CONNECTICUT 84 FINAL
Jul 17 9:35 PM
CONNECTICUT 62 END, 3RD QTR
Jul 17 9:05 PM
CONNECTICUT 45 HALFTIME
Jul 17 8:29 PM
CONNECTICUT 29 END, 1ST QTR
Jul 17 7:53 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14