Silver Stars take control in overtime, down FeverJul 25, 2007 - 1:57 AM INDIANAPOLIS (Ticker) -- Sophia Young and Ruth Riley scored four points each in overtime to lift the San Antonio Silver Stars to a 71-63 victory over the Indiana Fever on Tuesday.
In a game marked by defense, the Silver Stars managed to keep the pressure on in the extra frame, limiting the Fever to a single field goal - none in the last 3:23.
Young led San Antonio (15-7) with 24 points on 10-of-20 shooting and Becky Hammon added 17. The Silver Stars were dominant on the boards, outrebounding their opponents by a 41-28 margin, with Riley and Camille Little pulling down a team-high nine each.
Indiana was victimized by poor shooting throughout, finishing the game at under 40 percent (25-of-63) from the field, including connecting on just 3-of-15 from the arc. The Fever were just 1-of-6 in the overtime period.
Anna DeForge scored 15 points to lead Indiana (16-7), which dropped 1 1/2 games behind Detroit for first place in the Eastern Conference with the loss.
SAN ANTONIO 71
INDIANA 63 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Jul 24 9:16 PM
SAN ANTONIO 61
INDIANA 61 END OF 4TH QTR GOING INTO OVERTIME
Jul 24 9:02 PM
SAN ANTONIO 45
INDIANA 45 END, 3RD QTR
Jul 24 8:29 PM
SAN ANTONIO 22
INDIANA 29 HALFTIME
Jul 24 7:54 PM
SAN ANTONIO 12
INDIANA 16 END, 1ST QTR
Jul 24 7:27 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA's Dan Hughes enters last season as San Antonio coach May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Fever sign Pohlen, Wheeler to training camp deals Feb 8
- WNBA star Tamika Catchings interns at NBA offices Feb 6