Furious fourth quarter lifts Monarchs over StormAug 4, 2007 - 5:02 AM SACRAMENTO, California (Ticker) -- The Sacramento Monarchs used a fourth-quarter surge to earn an 82-76 victory over the Seattle Storm on Friday.
Rebekkah Brunson scored 14 points and grabbed 11 rebounds to lead six players in double-figure scoring for the Monarchs (16-10), who stayed within one game of Phoenix (18-10) for the lead in the Western Conference.
Sacramento trailed most of the game until Nicole Powell's 3-pointer with 3:32 remaining in the game tied the score at 72-72. The Monarchs did not trail thereafter, closing out the game on a 10-4 run.
Yolanda Griffith and Ticha Penicheiro scored four points each in the final 1:38 for Sacramento, which forced 22 turnovers.
Betty Lennox scored 18 points to lead the Storm (13-15), who have lost two in a row and six of their last eight.
SACRAMENTO 82 FINAL
Aug 3 11:58 PM
SACRAMENTO 56 END, 3RD QTR
Aug 3 11:26 PM
SACRAMENTO 35 HALFTIME
Aug 3 10:51 PM
SACRAMENTO 18 END, 1ST QTR
Aug 3 10:24 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15
- UConn forward Breanna Stewart selected No. 1 overall by Seattle Storm in WNBA draft Apr 14
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Former Seattle star Lauren Jackson announces retirement Mar 31
- Sue Bird signs multiyear deal with Seattle Storm Feb 16
- Seattle Storm re-sign Clark and O'Hea for 2016 season Feb 2