Liberty win pivotal game in HoustonAug 8, 2007 - 5:20 AM HOUSTON (Ticker) -- Janel McCarville and Loree Moore each scored 17 points Tuesday to lead the New York Liberty to a 77-71 victory over the Houston Comets.
The Liberty snapped a four-game road losing streak. Their last road win came on July 6, when they beat the Detroit Shock, 82-81, in overtime.
New York (13-16) pulled within one game of the Washington Mystics for the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.
Despite the loss, Tina Thompson scored a game-high 24 points and pulled down nine rebounds for the Comets.
Houston (10-19) picked up a game on the fourth-place Seattle Storm (14-16) in the Western Conference. However, one more Comet loss or Storm win will eliminate Houston from the playoff picture.
NEW YORK 77
HOUSTON 71 FINAL
Aug 7 10:38 PM
NEW YORK 55
HOUSTON 47 END, 3RD QTR
Aug 7 10:02 PM
NEW YORK 39
HOUSTON 37 HALFTIME
Aug 7 9:26 PM
NEW YORK 24
HOUSTON 20 END, 1ST QTR
Aug 7 8:57 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- NY Liberty acquire Wings' Amanda Zahui B for draft pick May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22
- Fever sign Pohlen, Wheeler to training camp deals Feb 8
- New York Liberty sign free agent Shavonte Zellous Feb 1
- WNBA free agency begins, Liberty signs Indiana guard Zellous Feb 1
- Epiphanny Prince has surgery for torn ACL Dec 9