Thompson helps Comets keep playoff hopes aliveAug 11, 2007 - 3:11 AM HOUSTON (Ticker) -- Tina Thompson scored 25 points to help the Houston Comets keep their playoff aspirations alive with a 83-75 victory over the Sacramento Monarchs on Friday.
Tamecka Dixon added 19 for Houston (11-19), which would have been eliminated from playoff contention with a loss.
Thompson scored five points and Dixon added four in a key 11-3 fourth-quarter run that helped the Comets take a 69-60 lead and avoid a season sweep at the hands of the Monarchs (17-13).
Kara Lawson scored 14 for Sacramento, which has lost two straight but has already clinched a playoff spot.
HOUSTON 83 FINAL
Aug 10 10:52 PM
HOUSTON 58 END, 3RD QTR
Aug 10 10:15 PM
HOUSTON 41 HALFTIME
Aug 10 9:30 PM
HOUSTON 15 END, 1ST QTR
Aug 10 8:59 PM
- Kings owner will no longer operate WNBA franchise Nov 20
- Powell sets team scoring mark in Monarchs' win Sep 14
- Hammon's 27 points lift Silver Stars past Monarchs Sep 11
- De Souza leads Dream past Monarchs Sep 5
- Brunson scores 32, leads Monarchs over Sun Sep 2
- Monarchs' Lawson sidelined Aug 31
- Sun-Monarchs Preview Aug 31
- Monarchs hold off Fever 79-78 Aug 29
- Monarchs-Fever Preview Aug 29
- Lynx use 3-pointers to defeat Sacramento Aug 29
- Monarchs-Lynx Preview Aug 27
- Dream continue hot streak with win over Monarchs Aug 25