Johnson reaches milestone as Silver Stars end Comets' playoff hopesAug 12, 2007 - 2:45 AM SAN ANTONIO (Ticker) -- Vickie Johnson made WNBA history and the San Antonio Silver Stars eliminated the Houston Comets from playoff contention with a 63-60 victory on Saturday.
Though Johnson - an 11-year veteran - had just two points and three rebounds in the victory, it was her lone assist in the game that secured her place in league history.
With the 1,000th assist of her career, Johnson became the only WNBA player to register at least 3,000 points, 1,000 rebounds and 1,000 assists in a career. The 35-year-old ended the game with 3,793 points, 1,351 boards and 1,000 assists.
Already playoff-bound prior to the game, San Antonio (19-11) eliminated Houston (11-20) from contention. The fourth and final playoff spot in the Western Conference will go to the Seattle Storm (14-17), who are hosting the Washington Mystics on Saturday.
Becky Hammon showed no ill-effects of a sprained left foot that recently had sidelined her, scoring 18 points - including three key free throws down the stretch. San Antonio guard Shanna Crossley continued her recent run of success with a 16-point effort.
Michelle Snow led the Comets with 11 points.
SAN ANTONIO 63 FINAL
Aug 11 10:07 PM
SAN ANTONIO 45 END, 3RD QTR
Aug 11 9:29 PM
SAN ANTONIO 29 HALFTIME
Aug 11 8:51 PM
SAN ANTONIO 16 END, 1ST QTR
Aug 11 8:28 PM
- WNBA's Dan Hughes enters last season as San Antonio coach May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- WNBA star Tamika Catchings interns at NBA offices Feb 6
- Dearica Hamby scores 15 points, Stars beat Storm 59-58 Sep 13
- Stars-Storm Preview Sep 12
- Odyssey Sims scores 27, Shock clinch West's third seed Sep 8
- Stars-Shock Preview Sep 7
- A week to go and the Eastern Conference is still tight Sep 7
- Brittney Griner scores 22 points, Mercury beat Stars 82-52 Sep 5
- Mercury-Stars Preview Sep 5