Feldman hopes to pitch Rangers to series win vs. RoyalsSep 6, 2012 - 1:57 PM
Feldman, though, will need to pick up his first win in more than a month, as he comes into this start having lost five in a row. His latest loss came on Saturday against Cleveland, which reached him for four runs and six hits in six innings, dropping him to 6-11 to go along with a 5.01 ERA.
Even before this current slide, he's already had both a six-game losing streak and a six-game winning streak this season, making him the only pitcher in baseball with two losing streaks of five games or more.
"I feel the same as I did in the winning streak," said Feldman. "I feel fine. It's like hitting or any part of baseball. Some things are out of your control. All you can worry about is executing your pitches. If I can do that, the end result will turn around. Hopefully I can get back on a winning streak and finish strong."
Feldman's last win came against the Royals back on Aug. 4. He is 3-2 lifetime against them with a 3.12 ERA in 13 games (6 starts).
Texas continued to roll on Wednesday, as Adrian Beltre hit a three-run homer and Michael Young belted a solo shot, helping the Rangers eke out a 7-6 win.
Ryan Dempster (5-1) earned his fourth straight win. The veteran righty allowed two runs on four hits with two walks and eight strikeouts over six innings.
"To get to the playoffs, I'm just trying to do my part every fifth day and be as prepared as I can," said Dempster. "When my number's up, go out there and do the best that I can."
The Rangers, who have won two of three to start this series, hold a five-game lead over the Oakland Athletics atop the AL West.
Everett Teaford (1-4) was charged with three runs on three hits over 4 1/3 innings and took the loss in his fifth start of the season. Billy Butler finished with three doubles, an RBI and two runs scored for the Royals, who have lost four of six.
Getting the call for the Royals in the finale will be righty Luke Hochevar, who has lost his last four decisions and is coming off an absolutely abysmal effort his last time out. Hochevar failed to get out of the second inning on Saturday in a loss to Minnesota, as he surrendered eight runs in just 1 2/3 frames.
"It wasn't good," said Hochevar, who allowed home runs to Chris Parmelee and Joe Mauer. "I came inside on Parmelee and tried to elevate up-and-in on Mauer, and they both got the head out and caught them both. That's where the damage was done -- and, obviously, falling behind and walking guys."
Hochevar, who is 7-13 with a 5.34 ERA on the year, is 2-0 in five starts versus the Rangers with a 2.78 ERA.
Kansas City has split its eight meetings with the Rangers this season.
- TEXAS: 5
KANSAS CITY: 4
Sep 6 11:32 PM
- Michael Young single to center scored Ian Kinsler with none out. Runner on first and Josh Hamilton due up.
Rangers 5, Royals 4 Top 10, 0 OutsSep 6 11:10 PM
- Eric Hosmer one-out, solo Home Run (13) to left center. Tony Abreu due up.
Rangers 4, Royals 4 Bot 7, 1 OutSep 6 10:14 PM
- Geovany Soto double to left scored David Murphy with one out. Runner on second and Mitch Moreland due up.
Rangers 4, Royals 3 Top 7, 1 OutSep 6 10:01 PM
- Adrian Beltre one-out, solo Home Run (30) to center. Nelson Cruz due up.
Rangers 3, Royals 3 Top 4, 1 OutSep 6 9:16 PM
- Josh Hamilton one-out, two-run Home Run (39) to right scored Michael Young. Adrian Beltre due up.
Rangers 2, Royals 3 Top 4, 1 OutSep 6 9:15 PM
- Salvador Perez single to right scored Alex Gordon with two out. Runner on first and Mike Moustakas due up.
Rangers 0, Royals 3 Bot 3, 2 OutsSep 6 9:06 PM
- Alex Gordon triple to right scored Lorenzo Cain with one out. Runner on third and Billy Butler due up.
Rangers 0, Royals 2 Bot 3, 1 OutSep 6 9:04 PM
- Jeff Francoeur one-out, solo Home Run (12) to left. Eric Hosmer due up.
Rangers 0, Royals 1 Bot 2, 1 OutSep 6 8:43 PM
- TEXAS: 0
KANSAS CITY: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Sep 6 8:11 PM
- Rangers, Arencibia agree to one-year deal 4:20p
- Rangers sign Contreras to minor-league deal Thu
- Royals acquire Aoki from Brewers Thu
- Rangers, A's complete four-player trade Dec 3
- Tigers bolster bullpen with addition of Nathan Dec 3
- Royals do not tender contract to Getz Dec 2
- Royals extend GM Moore Nov 29
- Cubs acquire Kottaras from Kansas City Nov 27
- Rangers agree to terms with Lewis on minor league deal Nov 23
- Darvish free of back inflammation Nov 21
- Royals add Vargas to rotation Nov 21
- Tigers send Fielder to Rangers for Kinsler Nov 20